Sales & Operations Representative
We’re seeking a full-time Sales & Operations Representative to join our showroom. The position will report directly to the store owners and be responsible for:
- Assisting walk-in customers
- Creating sales quotes in response to customer inquiries received via email
- Contacting trade professionals and leads to generate sales
- Tracking orders and shipments and scheduling customer deliveries
- Assisting with special showroom events
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of NIDO living brands
- Maintaining housekeeping standards
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years in sales (those with transferrable skills should apply)
- Passionate about design
- Proven track record of providing outstanding customer service
- Ability to guide a client through a wide range of often complex brands
- Strong problem solving skills, highly organized, detail oriented and punctual
- Demonstrated ability to prospect for customers and close sales
- Self-starter who can work independently and also accept direction
- Basic computer proficiency, including use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to learn new computer applications (e.g., point-of-sale system) quickly and competently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional appearance with approachable and friendly personality
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Furniture sales experience within the high-end luxury market is a plus
- Interior design experience is a plus
- Experience using the Lightspeed point-of-sale (POS) system
- Experience in order tracking, shipments and deliveries
- Base salary plus commission (depends on experience)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance stipend
- Retirement account contributions (after one year of uninterrupted employment)
How to Apply
Please do not call the showroom about open positions; instead, send a cover letter (explaining why you’re our best choice) and resume to email@example.com. We will respond to all qualified candidates.
About NIDO living
NIDO living is a successful, contemporary furniture store located in San Francisco’s prestigious Design District.
As the exclusive Bay Area showroom for many high-end Italian, German and Spanish brands, we’re irresistibly drawn to the exceptional—in home furnishings as well as customer service.
Outstanding design, high-quality products and unsurpassed attention to detail are our commitments to our clients.
Equality for All
NIDO living is a progressive, open-minded employer. We don’t care about your gender identification, age, skin color or how or whether you worship. Just be well-groomed, a nice person and the best you can be at what you do.